Moving does not have to be a tough time. Great Western Moving has completed thousands of successful moves over the last 10 years and continues to surpass customer expectations. As the top movers in the Midwest, we pride ourselves on quality and experienced service. Enjoy the video we created to as a quick promo to why we love helping our customers move.
Planning for your move is very important. Part of that planning process must include packing, hiring the right movers, scheduling everything correctly, and there is always storage plans if you plan on storing your items during the transition process.
Planning for Storage: This is something you want to consider early as it will affect other aspects of your moving plans. Your items in storage will affect your moving experience. Whether your items will be held for 1 day or 1 month, you must be sure to pack accordingly so if there are any delays where you will need to extend your storage, you will not be at an inconvenience.
This includes personal items, valuables, toiletries, kids toys, and so on. Anything you feel you will need while your items are in storage. Making a detailed list prior to your packing and then packing according your list may also help.
Hiring the right movers: Choose a mover who listens to your needs and concerns. The right mover will spend time on your estimate going over your items, dates, delivery expectations, storage needs, and of course offering you a the best possible rate for your unique move. Each move is different and having the right mover help you plan it makes it so much easier. We at Great Western Moving go over all your moving details including item list, packing needs, schedules, and so on to ensure your move goes smoothly.
Book In Advance: Be sure to book your move in advance to avoid last minute reservations. With anything, even when going out to dinner, you want to always confirm your reservation somewhat in advance or you may not get a table. Same goes for airlines, concerts, and so on. With moving it is no different. In fact, it is crucial as truck space and labor are limited resources. So to get the dates you want, try to book your moving reservation at least 1 month in advance. Anything within 1 month is considered a last minute reservation. Trucks, labor, materials, and other resources need to be allocated to your move and any moving company regardless of their size, have limited monthly resources.
Packing Correctly: Packing is very important to ensuring your items arrive safely. No matter how careful your movers are, if your glass items are not packing correctly, they will break simply from shock waves traveling through the truck during transport. So be sure to add lots of paper and bubble wrap around each glass item when packing it. If you are unsure how to pack your items, call us to ask or let us do the packing for you at an affordable rate.
It Never Hurts To Plan Your Move And Have An Outline Of How Your Move Will Go
We hope these tips will help you during your planning stages. At Great Western Moving we know the more you know the better your move will go. So we try to keep our customers informed and prepared each step of their move. Give us a call at 855-449-6683 to discuss your upcoming move and let us make your next move a great one!
How do you choose the best moving company for your family? Knowing what to look for when choosing your mover is important. Always be sure to choose a mover you feel truly cares for your items and moving needs. Great Western Moving is known for being the best moving company for families, students, young professionals, and even military service members whom we are proud to serve.
What To Look For:
- Do they own their trucks or are they renting or subcontracting your pick up?
- Are they licensed and insured as a carrier moving company (not a broker)?
- Do have a well informed website and literature about their services?
- Are their movers well trained in the art of relocation.
- Do they feel comfortable with full service moving.
Moving can be confusing and stressful, therefore we work hard to make your feel comfortable by spending time with you going over your moving details and process. Rest assured knowing we are a full service moving company offering all clients reliable in-house moving services. Call us today at 855-449-6683 to get started.
Wondering how to pack your items or if you should just hire your movers to do it? Packing correctly is a crucial part of your moving process, that is why we offer our clients these simple packing tips to help them save money and time during their upcoming moves.
Packing Materials Often Needed:
- Packing Paper (Should be used under bubble wrap on glass items)
- Packing Tape
- Shrink Wrap
- Bubble Wrap (For glass and fragile items)
- Padded Blankets (We supply for all moves at no cost)
- Boxes (x-small, medium, dishpack, wardrobe. Try to avoid large boxes)
- Foam Sheets (For additional protection when packing glassware)
- Plan Your Packing: Make a list of all the materials you will need for all items as you do a walk thru of your own home. Log any items that may seem fragile or easily breakable. Go over these items with your movers so they are aware and prepared for them on moving day.
- Pack In Advance: Always pack your items at least 5 days prior to your move. This will allow you time to focus on the important tasks of planning your move with out the distraction of packing.
- Use The Proper Materials: Try to use the proper materials on the necessary items such as glass items. Layers of protective items will only further prevent damage. Paper, bubble wrap, tape, and then foam is the best approach of layers to protecting fragile items.
- Your Movers Are Packing Pros: Try to ask your movers how to pack any item you are unsure of. Your movers will know how any item will need to be protected properly for transport, we can pack anything safely. This goes double for antique, glass and fragile items.
- Keep It Light: When packing boxes try to keep them under 50lbs as that will decrease the probability of damage during handling and transport. Boxes do have a weight capacity and it is best to stay well under that capacity.
- Stack Boxes In 1 Place: Try to choose an empty area near the main entrance where you will be able to stack all your boxes with out blocking the entrance. This will allow the movers to bring out your boxes making space for disassembly and furniture handling.
- Keep Your Mover Informed: Go over your items with your mover so they are prepared to you help you with any special packing needed on moving day.